Its main purpose, which has the drug Galvus - stimulation of the pancreas.
As a result, the patient's body begins to work with self-reliance, so his overall condition improves.
It should be noted that Galvus reviews are simply excellent, which proves its effectiveness in laziness of diabetes even in acute and chronic form.
General description, purpose
Galvus incorporates such active substance as Vidgliptin.
Vidagliptin can have a stimulating effect on the pancreas of a patient, namely, on its islet apparatus. As a result, the synthesis of various peptides generated by this gland is activated.
It should be noted here that the Galvus composition is not monopreparation, since it includes, in addition to the main active ingredient, various auxiliary chemical elements that facilitate its assimilation by the human body.
The drug Galvus is used to treat diabetes mellitus of only the second type with:
- It is considered the only drug intended for use as the main method of treatment using diet and physical therapy. In this case, medical statistics indicate that the effectiveness of its use is very high, and the therapeutic effect is stable and long-lasting.
- It is allowed to use it as part of complex therapy at the beginning of the course of treatment of diabetes of the second type in the case when there is no serious return from exercise therapy and diet in a patient.
- Have a variety of the described drug called Galvus Met. It differs from the main drug in a milder effect on the patient's body.
- In the case when this drug does not give effect, it is allowed to use it in combination with various drugs, having in its composition derivatives of insulin and other substances stimulating the pancreas.
The course of treatment and its composition to the patient with diabetes mellitus should be determined by the endocrinologist. As already indicated, the drugs of this type can be used for monotherapy or as part of a course consisting of two or three drugs. At the same time, a strict diet must be observed, and the patient must also perform daily exercises from the course of physical therapy.
In addition to the positive effects of the use of the described drug, there is also a risk of manifestation and side effects. Such side effects may include the following:
- the occurrence of sharp headaches and causeless dizziness.
- appearance of tremor.
- onset of chill sensation.
- the presence of acute abdominal pain, as well as aching pain in other parts of the body.
- the occurrence of allergies.
- violation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- decrease in immune status.
- drop in performance, too fast fatigue.
- various skin rashes.
In addition, there may be an exacerbation of the course of chronic diseases, primarily of the liver and pancreas.
Instructions for use of medication
If a galvus is prescribed to a patient with diabetes mellitus, the instructions for use should be studied first. The fact is that this tool is chosen strictly individually depending on what degree of severity is established in the patient, as well as taking into account the individual intolerance of this drug. In this case, the prescribed medication is usually taken orally, regardless of the patient's intake of food.
In the case when Galvus, and this is his Latin name, be appointed by an endocrinologist as part of a complex with Metformin, a thiazolidinedione or insulin, as well as with monoterpy. The patient is usually prescribed doses of the drug from 50 to 100 mg per day. In the same case, when the patient is in serious condition, the use of this drug in order to stabilize his condition increases the daily rate to 100 milligrams. In addition, the same dose can be shown to the patient in the case when he prescribed such drugs as part of complex therapy.
In the case when a small dose is recommended for administration, it is taken once, in the morning before or after meals. If a more serious dose is prescribed, then the reception is divided into two doses, with the first dose being taken in a volume of 50 mg in the morning and the second in the evening. If, for reasons beyond his control, the patient missed a single dose of this medication, it would be necessary to fill in such a deficiency at the first opportunity, without exceeding the dose prescribed by the doctor.
In any case, the maximum daily dose of this drug should not exceed 100 mg. If you exceed it, then you can cause serious harm to the liver and kidneys of the patient. In this regard, in Russia, in order to purchase drugs for diabetes of this type is possible only when a prescription is presented. As for the price, then 28 tab. medication Galvus 50mg. cost about 1,300 rubles. In online pharmacies, the price of this medicine can be much cheaper.
As for the analogs and varieties of the described drug, then on the recommendation of an endocrinologist in serious cases, and also when the patient is 60 years old or is intolerant of some components of this drug, he will need to take such a drug as Galvus Met. It has the same effect as Galvus 50 mg, but it does not have a strong side effect on the patient’s liver and kidneys.
As for direct analogues, Galvus in their capacity has such drugs as Ongliza and Januvia. Their cost is less than the original, but in terms of their use and effectiveness, they are able to completely replace Galvus tablets.
In any case, the appointment of analogues of this drug will need to be coordinated with the attending endocrinologist.
The main contraindications to the use of Galvus
As with any medicine, Galvus has its own contraindications.
Instructions for use of the drug indicates the presence of a whole complex of the drug contraindications.
Observance of the contraindications specified in the instruction is obligatory when using medicine.
The main contraindications are as follows:
- Presence of individual intolerance or allergic reaction to chemicals present in the composition of the drug.
- The presence of renal failure, kidney disease, or a violation of their function.
- The presence of high fever, diarrhea, and vomiting, which may be a sign of exacerbation of chronic kidney disease and or the manifestation of infectious diseases in a patient.
- Chronic renal failure, as well as other diseases, a concomitant phenomenon in which may be a violation of their functions.
- Myocardial infarction, heart failure and other diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Diseases of the respiratory system.
In addition, a contraindication to the use is the presence of diabetic ketoacidosis and lactic acidosis, on the background of a coma or a premature state.
In addition, Glavus is not recommended to take in the presence of pregnancy, as well as during the entire period of feeding the child. Alcohol abusers are also contraindicated. Patients over 60 years old should also be included in this category of patients for whom this drug is indicated under strict medical supervision. In addition, it is forbidden to take a person younger than 18 years old, this circumstance is connected with the fact that patients in these age categories are very sensitive to this component of this drug as metformin.
Also, all patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in parallel with the intake of this drug are recommended to follow a very strict diet, in which the calorie intake will not exceed 1000 per day. It is also worth noting the fact that Galvus or Galvus Meta drugs have such a contraindication as the presence of lactic acidosis. This phenomenon is characteristic of diabetes mellitus of the first type, therefore it is strictly prohibited to use them for self-treatment.
It is worth noting separately the fact that as a substitute for the main drug in case of the presence of the described contraindications, endocrinologists usually prescribe a variety - Galvus Met. It acts more gently and affects the kidneys and liver as much as Galvus himself.
The substitute is usually taken orally, washed down with a large amount of water, and the dose of such a drug should not exceed 100 mg.
Features of treatment of pregnant women
Despite the fact that the described drug has been used for a long time in medicine, its effect on the body of pregnant and lactating women has not yet been studied. Due to this circumstance, taking this medication is not recommended until the end of pregnancy. In the same case, when treatment with Metformin is required, the endocrinologist can choose another medicine whose effect on the body of pregnant women has long been studied.
At the same time, pregnant women need to measure blood glucose with a glucometer for the entire duration of treatment. If this is not done, there may be a risk of congenital anomalies in the unborn child. In the worst case, death of the fetus can occur. To prevent this from happening, patients are advised to use insulin injections to normalize this indicator.
Studies conducted to date show that a pregnant woman can safely take a dose of Galvus that exceeds the maximum dose almost two hundred times. Abnormalities of the fetus or its violations were also not recorded. Unfortunately, all these data are preliminary, as well as data on the effect of this medicine on the composition of breast milk during feeding.
This also leads to the fact that the doctor is not advised to take it to nursing mothers.
Most common analogues
In addition to Galvus, other drugs that can be considered its analogues also have this effect.
Such analogs include Byeta, Januvia, Ongliz.
All of them have an immunostimulating effect on the patient's body, provided they are taken after meals.
The following effects of exposure to these drugs were recorded with the following effects on the patient's body with type 2 diabetes mellitus:
- Strengthening insulin production. This happens during a meal, and also when the blood sugar level is above 5-5.5 mmol / l. As a result, a significant decrease in blood glucose levels with the development of symptoms of hypoglycemia does not occur.
- Slowing down the synthesis of glucogon insulin antagonist in the blood. Thus, an effect of preventing the release of glucose from the liver in large quantities is achieved.
- Decreased appetite due to pressure on the centers of saturation, located in the brain of the patient.
- The increase in the length of time the food is in the patient's stomach. As a result, the digestion of food in the small intestine occurs in small portions. Thus, glucose is absorbed gradually and it is possible to avoid the development of such a state as hyperglycemia after eating.
- Increased islet cell mass in the pancreas, which protects it from exhaustion.
- Activation of the cardiovascular and nervous system. At the same time, studies of such effects have not yet been systematically conducted, and there are only isolated data on how these drugs can stimulate them.
Despite the similar effects, all the described drugs have their own mechanism of action, for example, Byetta and Viktoza imitate the action of insulin. As for Januvia, Galvus and Ongliz, they act on glucagon-like peptides. In connection with this circumstance, only an experienced endocrinologist can select a particular medicine for treatment.
Therefore, you should not buy those drugs that are similar to Galvus in composition without consulting with him, otherwise, instead of obtaining a positive therapeutic effect, the patient’s condition can be significantly worsened. During drug therapy, it is necessary to adhere to a low-carbohydrate diet and exercise foods for diabetes of any type.
The video in this article talks about diabetes and its causes.