Modern medicine calls diabetes mellitus one of the most dangerous chronic diseases. Constantly elevated blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes cause serious pathologies of internal organs such as the kidneys, stomach, organs of vision, brain and all peripheral nerve endings.
But the cardiovascular system of a person suffers most from diabetes, which can lead to the development of atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, thrombophlebitis and, as a consequence, to stroke or myocardial infarction. In addition, a high level of glucose in the blood destroys the walls of blood vessels, which can disrupt the blood circulation in the limbs and cause necrotic ulcers.
In addition, patients with diabetes, especially type 2, very often have an elevated level of cholesterol in the body due to excess weight and metabolic disorders. This contributes to the formation of cholesterol plaques, which further worsens the patient's condition and threatens him with serious complications.
That is why people suffering from diabetes, it is strongly recommended to regularly take drugs that protect the heart and blood vessels from high sugar and cholesterol. Perhaps the most effective in this case will be tools developed on the basis of omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.
But why Omega 3 with diabetes is so useful for the patient? What properties does this unique substance have? This is what this article will be about.
The benefits of omega-3 is in its unique composition. It is rich in the most valuable fatty acids, such as eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, and provazapentaenoic acid.
They are necessary for any person, but the ballroom diabetes is especially in need of them. These fatty acids help to stop the development of the disease, prevent the occurrence of complications and significantly improve the patient's condition.
Omega-3 has the following beneficial properties:
- Increases the sensitivity of tissues to insulin and helps reduce blood sugar levels. It was established that the main factor in the development of insulin resistance of tissues is the lack of GPR-120 receptors, which normally should be located on the surface of peripheral tissues. A lack or complete lack of these receptors leads to worsening of the course of type 2 diabetes and an increase in the level of glucose in the body. Omega 3 helps to restore these essential structures and helps the patient to significantly improve their well-being.
- Interferes with the development of atherosclerosis of the cardiovascular system. Polyunsaturated fatty acids help to significantly reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol, help to reduce cholesterol plaques and increase the content of high-density lipoproteins. These components help to preserve the health of the heart, blood vessels, kidneys and brain and provide them with reliable protection against myocardial infarction and stroke.
- Normalizes lipid metabolism. Omega 3 weakens the membrane layer of adipocytes - the cells that make up human fatty tissue, and makes them vulnerable to macrophages - microscopic blood bodies that destroy germs, viruses, toxins and diseased cells. This allows you to significantly reduce the fat layer in the human body, and means to reduce excess weight, which is of great importance for patients with type 2 diabetes. Of course, taking only Omega 3 drugs can not completely get rid of excess weight, but they are a good addition to diet and exercise.
- Improves eyesight. Due to the fact that omega 3 is one of the components of the eyes, it is able to restore the organs of vision and return their normal function. This is extremely important for diabetics, who often suffer from impaired vision and may even lose the ability to see.
- Improves performance, improves overall body tone and helps fight stress. Many people with diabetes regularly experience fatigue, and severe illness causes them to live in constant tension. Omega 3 helps the patient to become more energetic and calm.
Such properties make Omega 3 an indispensable therapeutic tool for diabetes.
Providing a complex effect on the body, this substance helps to improve the condition of the patient, even with severe stages of the disease.
Like any drug, omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids have their own side effects. During the use of this tool, the patient may experience the following unpleasant consequences:
- Various allergic reactions, up to anaphylactic shock;
- Digestive disorders: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- Headache, dizziness;
- Boost sugar. Excessive use of omega 3 can increase the level of fatty acids in the blood plasma, which can provoke an increase in the content of glucose and acetone in the patient's body;
- Hanging bleeding. With very long use of omega 3, the patient may worsen blood clotting and develop excessive bleeding.
It is important to emphasize that side effects while taking Omega 3 drugs are observed in patients only in rare cases and only after several months of using this drug.
Despite the enormous benefits of omega 3 polyunsaturated acids, sometimes taking them can bring the patient significant harm. This tool has a small list of contraindications, namely:
Individual intolerance to omega 3, inflammatory processes in the liver or pancreas (Cholecystitis and pancreatitis);
The use of drugs, anticoagulants. Serious injuries or surgery that can cause severe bleeding;
Various blood disorders such as leukemia and hemophilia.
In all other cases, the intake of omega 3 will be absolutely safe for the patient with diabetes and will have a strong healing effect on his body.
Instructions for use of medication
Fish oil - is the most popular drug containing a large amount of omega 3. It is this drug, familiar to everyone since childhood, most often chosen by patients who want to undergo treatment with this type of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
In addition to omega 3, fish oil also contains other beneficial ingredients, such as:
- Oleic and palmitic acid. These substances play a crucial role in ensuring the normal functioning of the body. They provide fabrics with reliable protection against the effects of various harmful factors.
- Vitamins A (retinol) and D (calciferol). Retinol helps to restore the patient's vision and prevent the development of retinopathy (retinal lesion), which is often observed in people suffering from diabetes. Calciferol strengthens the bones of the patient and helps to normalize the electrolyte balance of the blood, which can be disturbed as a result of abundant urination in diabetes.
Due to its naturalness, availability, and the unique composition of fish oil, it is rightly considered one of the best sources of omega 3. Today it is produced in convenient capsules, so the patient no longer needs to swallow the unpleasant taste of the medicine.
It is necessary to take fish oil for 1 or 2 capsules three times a day after meals, washing them down with cool water. The general course of treatment should be at least 1 month.
Norvesol plus is a modern preparation created from absolutely natural components. In addition to a large amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids, it also contains natural vitamin E. It has all the above properties characteristic of omega 3, but also has several additional qualities, namely:
- Promotes wound healing, removing irritations that often occur in patients with diabetes, for example, dermatitis in diabetes.
- Helps to eliminate flaking and increase skin elasticity, improving its appearance;
- Promotes the birth of a healthy child, which is especially important for women with diabetes.
To take this drug for diabetes should be 2 capsules in the morning and evening after meals. For pregnant women, this dose should be doubled. The course of treatment should be 2-3 months, however, the first positive results will be noticeable after 2-4 weeks.
Doppelgerts® Omega 3 active contains a whole complex of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as Vitamin E. The source of omega 3 for the production of this tool is salmon fish, which indicates its high quality and naturalness.
This drug has the following valuable properties:
- Eliminates pain;
- It has an antioxidant effect;
- Lowers cholesterol;
- Strengthens cell membranes;
- Lowers pressure;
- Relieves inflammation;
- Increases immunity;
- Interferes with formation of blood clots.
Such a wide range of action makes this drug one of the most effective in the fight against diabetes. It should be taken 1 capsule 1 time per day. The entire course of treatment for diabetes should be from 4 to 12 weeks.
Omega 3 Nutra Source - includes salmon fat, omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. Like previous drugs, this product is made only from natural ingredients.
- Helps effectively cope with any skin diseases;
- Improves the digestive system, treats diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- Relieves pain;
- It has a fortifying effect on the body, increases efficiency, which is very important, especially when the patient experiences constant weakness in diabetes.
This tool is well suited for diabetics who have complications of the disease in the form of skin lesions or disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. It is necessary to take 1 capsule three times a day. The general course of treatment should last 1 month.
Prices and analogues
The cost of Omega 3 drugs in Russia mainly ranges from 250 to 400 rubles. However, there are more expensive funds, the price of which is almost 700 rubles. The most affordable tool is fish oil, which costs about 50 rubles. However, as customer reviews show, the most expensive drug is not always the best.
Among the analogues can be attributed to the means in which in addition to polyunsaturated acids, omega three contains other active ingredients. These drugs include:
- Natalben Supra. In addition to omega three, it includes a whole complex of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins C, D3, B1, B2, B3, B6, B7, B9, B12 and the minerals Zinc, Iron, Iodine, Selenium;
- OmegaTrin. The composition of this drug in addition to omega 3 polyunsaturated acids, also includes omega 6 and omega 9.
- Omeganol. It consists of four active ingredients, namely fish oil, olive oil, red palm oil and allicin.
When choosing a pharmacy drug Omega 3 in diabetes, you should focus more on the needs of your body, and not on the reviews of other people. After all, the disease in all proceeds in different ways, which means everyone needs their own treatment. The video in this article will tell in detail about the preparations and the omega 3 acid.