The glycemic control system Contour Plus of the pharmaceutical company Bayer is a blood glucose meter, test strips of the same name and a test liquid for checking the accuracy of the device. The set is designed for self-monitoring of blood sugar in diabetics, as well as for rapid analysis by employees of medical institutions. It is possible to test both venous blood and capillary biomaterial obtained from fingers, palm or forearm.
The type of in vitro diagnosis does not imply the installation or removal of a diagnosis for diabetics, as well as examination of newborns. The range of permissible system measurements is from 0.6 to 33.3 mmol / l, beyond these limits the device does not show the result, the screen will flash. If re-measurement causes the same reaction, it is urgent to consult a doctor.
The Bayer CONTOUR PLUS device can only be used with the same test strips and liquid for quality control of the device. Before analysis it is important to familiarize yourself with all the instructions for the device, for consumables, for the MICROLET®2 puncturer, and to follow the procedure for their recommendations.
Conditions of storage and operation of test strips Contour Plus
For test strips for the Kontur Plus blood glucose meter, the price varies from 780 to 1100 rubles. for 50 pcs. When purchasing a product, inspect the packaging. If its tightness is broken, damaged or expired, do not use such a tube. Claims can be left on the site by calling customer service.
The test strips should be stored only in the factory tube, removing one of them with dry clean hands just before the measurement and immediately closing the packaging. Make sure that the used strip or other items do not fall into the case with new consumables. Excess moisture, overheating, freezing, contamination is not allowed for strips. The tube protects sensitive material from moisture and dust, so for the accuracy of the results it is important to keep it closed and inaccessible to children's attention.
The same limitations exist for damaged or expired consumables. After violation of the sealing of the tube, it is necessary to mark the date of opening on it in order to control the shelf life of the consumable material. The quality of the analysis is guaranteed by the device, when operating in temperature conditions, of 5–45 degrees of heat.
If the device was in a cold place, keep it at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. When connected to a PC for data processing measurements are not carried out.
Functional features of the system
- Availability. The system for glycemic control makes testing easy and intuitive for everyone.
- Full automation. The use of innovative technology No Coding allows the device to encode itself, after installing the next test strip, so you can not forget about changing the code. The results are automatically recognized when assessing the accuracy of the control solution.
- Mismatch Detector If the strip is filled with insufficient blood volume, an error is displayed on the screen. The device allows you to automatically add the missing portion of blood.
- Compliance with new standards of bioanalyzers. Meter handles results in just 5 seconds. In doing so, he uses a dose of 0.6 microliters of blood. The device memory stores information about 480 dimensions. One battery lasts a year (up to 1000 measurements).
- Progressive research method. CONTOUR PLUS uses the electrochemical method of testing: it measures the current that is produced by the reaction of blood glucose with reagents on the strip. Glucose interacts with flavin adenine dinucleotide-glucose dehydrogenase (FAD-GDH) and a mediator. The resulting electrons generate a current in a volume proportional to the concentration of glucose in capillary blood. The finished result is projected on the display and no additional calculations are required.
Recommendations for use of the system CONTOUR PLUS
The accuracy of compliance with the recommendations of the result of the study depends no less than the quality of the meter. There are no trifles here, so study thoroughly all the steps of the procedure.
- Ensure that all necessary accessories are prepared for analysis. The Kontur Plus system includes a blood glucose meter, test plates of the same name in a tube, and a Micro-2 scarifier pen. For disinfection need alcohol wipes. Lighting is better than artificial, since the bright sun is not useful to the device or consumables.
- Put the lancet in the MICROLET piercer. To do this, hold the handle so that the thumb falls into the groove. With a jerk, remove the cap and insert the disposable needle into the hole until it stops. After a characteristic click, you can unscrew the protective head from the needle and replace the tip. Do not rush the head to throw away - it is needed when disposing. It remains to set the depth of the puncture, turning the moving part. For starters, you can try the average depth. The piercer is already cocked.
- Hygiene procedures are preferable to disinfection with alcohol. Wash your hands with warm water and soap and blow dry. If you use an alcohol wipe for injection (for example, on the road), allow the pad to dry.
- With clean dry hands, remove from the tube a new test strip for the Kontur Plus meter and immediately close the lid. Insert the strip into the meter, and it automatically turns on. If no blood is applied within three minutes, the device turns off. To return it to the operating mode, you need to remove the test strip and re-insert.
- To insert a strip into a special socket should be a gray end (it will be on top). If the strip is inserted correctly, a beep will sound, if it is wrong, an error message will be displayed. Wait until the drop symbol appears on the display. Now you can apply blood.
- Gently massage your finger to improve blood flow and firmly press the handle to the pad. The force of pressure also determines the depth of the puncture. Press the blue shutter button. The first drop for the purity of the study is better to remove with sterile cotton. Forming the second, it is not necessary to press on the pad at the puncture site, since diluting the blood with intercellular fluid distorts the results.
- To collect blood, touch the drop with a strip. The device will pull it in the groove automatically. Hold the strip in this position until the device beeps. Apply blood to the test strip, as in some other models of blood glucose meters, it is impossible: this can spoil it. If the blood volume is insufficient, the device will respond with a double beep and a symbol that is not completely filled with a strip. To add blood, you have no more than 30 seconds, otherwise the meter will show an error and the strip will have to be replaced with a new one.
- After a normal blood draw, a countdown appears on the screen: 5,4,3,2,1. After resetting (after 5 seconds) the result is displayed and in parallel the information is stored in the memory of the device. Up to this point it is impossible to touch the strip, as this may affect data processing. The device distinguishes the functions "Before meal" and "After meal". They are set up before removing the strip.
- Do not keep the measurement results in your head - record them immediately in the diary of self-control or connect the meter to a PC for data processing. Conscientious monitoring of your glycemic profile allows you to monitor the dynamics of compensation and the effectiveness of drugs, not only the diabetic, but also his endocrinologist.
- After the procedure it is necessary to remove the lancet from the handle and the test strip and dispose of them in a trash can. To release the needle, remove the pen tip and place it on a flat surface with the logo down. Insert the needle into the hole until it stops. Press the shutter button and at the same time pull the cocking handle. The needle will drop out automatically into the substituted container.
Consumables for the meter are disposable and potentially dangerous accessories, so only one person can use the device.
Possible violations and error symbols
|Symbol||Which means||Solution to the problem|
|E1||Temperature does not fit into the permissible limits.||Move the device to a room with a temperature range of 5-45 degrees Celsius. With sudden drops, hold for 20 minutes to adapt.|
|E2||Insufficient amount of blood to fill the strip.||Remove the strip and repeat the procedure with a new consumables. Blood sampling is carried out after a drop symbol appears on the display.|
|E3||Inserted used strip.||Replace the strip with a new one and repeat the test after a flashing drop appears on the screen.|
|E4||Striped wrong.||Remove the plate and insert with the other end, contacts up.|
|E5 E9 E6 E12 E8 E13||Crash software.||Replace the test strip with a new one. If the situation repeats, contact the company's service department (there are telephones on the official site).|
|E7||Not that strip.||Replace the wrong strip with the brand-name analogue CONTOUR PLUS.|
The amount of sugar in each diabetic is individual, but ideally it does not exceed the boundaries of 3.9-6.1 mmol / l. Fluctuations in blood glucose levels are possible with dietary errors, physical or emotional overstrain, disturbed sleep and rest, lifestyle changes, correction of the schedule and dosage of hypoglycemic drugs. Some drugs that are used for comorbid conditions can also affect the readings of the meter.
You can repeat the analysis, pre-wash your hands again.