Glucometers and diabetes
Diabetes therapy is always a control. Diabetics need to constantly monitor nutrition, the general condition of the body. And most importantly - for the level of sugar in the blood. And for many years, this could only be done in a medical facility and laboratory.
Now anyone in need can literally carry their own "table with reagents" in their pocket or purse. We are talking about a glucometer. Especially when you consider that more than forty years ago such a device weighed more than a kilogram, and now it is less than one hundred grams.
Company "ELTA" and "Satellite"
In Russia, many diabetics know the company "ELTA". This company produces including blood glucose meters. Instrument manufacturing began approximately twenty years ago.
There are three types of blood glucose meters in the product line:
- "Satellite Plus";
- "Satellite Express".
The first model in the list is the earliest. Each next device in the line has certain advantages in comparison with the previous model.
The main characteristics are in the table:
|Device brand||Range of indications||Diagnostic time, sec.||The number of results that are stored in memory||Operating temperature range|
|Satellite||1.8-35 mmol / l||40||40||from +18 to + 30 ° С|
|Satellite Plus||0.6-35 mmol / l||20||60||from +10 to + 40 ° С|
|Satellite Express||0.6-35 mmol / l||7||60||from +15 to + 35 ° С|
Perhaps the most notable among the differences between the instruments can be called the time of the analysis. In addition, the "Satellite Express" manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty. Two previous devices do not have such features. One more positive feature of the latter in the device line can be called a small volume of blood for analysis. This is a matter of high importance when glucose levels have to be measured in children.
- There are certain restrictions on blood testing. For example, you can not check the blood that has been stored for some time. None of the “Satellites” is suitable for conducting venous blood analysis (however, this restriction does not play any role for using the device at home).
- The accuracy of the analysis may suffer if the temperature conditions of storage and operation are disturbed. In addition, the instructions for blood glucose meters have descriptions of possible use errors, which are important to avoid.
- proper device + batteries;
- tool for piercing + disposable lancets;
- test strips (10-25 pieces);
- stripe code (it is needed to set the benchmark instrument);
- case or case.
The most expensive glucometer in the line, Satellite Satellite, costs about one and a half thousand rubles (1,500 rubles). The predecessors are a bit cheaper.
Glucometer Satellite: advantages and disadvantages
- for example, “Satellites” cannot yet be connected to a computer.
- Someone seems insignificant amount of memory device (no more than sixty results).
However, for most diabetics, it is not so much the compatibility of the glucometer with a PC that is important as its accuracy in determining the level of glucose. And here, “Satellites”, as far as is known, do not let down.
Well, if you can forget about the disease. Diabetes mellitus - on the contrary, such a disease, which must always be remembered and constantly monitored. Glucometers in this very much help.