As many know, the concentration of sugar in the blood of a perfectly healthy person can vary throughout the day and night.
Mostly in the morning the glucose level in the body is much lower. This is especially the case when it is measured before a direct meal.
The boundaries of the norm of a given substance and values that indicate the likely presence of a pre-diabetic condition or diabetes mellitus can be determined in the doctor’s office. It is important to note that a significant decrease in blood sugar to levels that are less than 2.8 mmol / l may cause a sudden deterioration in general well-being and the appearance of unwanted symptoms.
If the concentration of this substance in the body decreases even more, then we can speak about the development of hypoglycemia in the patient. This undesirable and dangerous condition requires immediate medical attention.
It is necessary to consult a doctor even in cases where pronounced symptoms of the disease are absent. If nothing is done, then the subsequent deterioration of the patient's condition is likely. So what are the first symptoms of a drop in blood sugar?
Why the level of glucose in blood drops sharply?
Glucose in the human body must necessarily be maintained at acceptable values. Otherwise, serious health problems are likely.
It is important to note that blood sugar is reduced in a healthy person and a diabetic with a different type of illness for completely opposite reasons.
It is very important to understand this as soon as possible. This can be done only if you promptly contact the specialists for the diagnosis and treatment of this bad state of health.
Hypoglycemia occurs due to an acute shortage of sugar in the structures of the body, which is necessary to ensure the supply of nerve cells. If the content of glucose in the blood is at critically low levels, then unwanted pathological processes are immediately launched. So what are the causes of this disease?
People who suffer from diabetes, often tormented by the question: what provokes this disease? Especially when blood sugar levels go down to low values.
At the moment, the following factors are known that influence the decrease in the concentration of glucose in the blood of a patient with diabetes:
- eating foods that are rich in easily digestible carbohydrates;
- an improperly selected dose of drugs designed to lower blood sugar;
- drinking alcohol on an empty stomach. This can lead to hypoglycemia, since alcohol blocks glucose synthesis in the structures of the liver;
- taking medications that are intended for the treatment of diabetes mellitus of both types, simultaneously with alcohol-containing beverages;
- with illiterately selected portions of food (when it is not consumed at the same time);
- injection of an illiterately selected dose of insulin (artificial hormone of the pancreas);
- A person suffering from diabetes is subjected to constant physical stress. In this case, it is imperative to consult with your doctor about changing the initial dosages of prescribed drugs.
In a healthy person
Causes of falling glucose in the blood of a perfectly healthy person:
- if without the knowledge of a specialist some medicines were taken. For example, drugs that reduce the concentration of sugar in the blood;
- diseases of the internal organs;
- abuse of alcoholic beverages;
- if a person is in constant stressful situations, and also suffers from depression;
- if he follows strict and debilitating diets. Especially those that are low in carbohydrates;
- if there are impressive intervals between meals that are more than nine hours;
- after immediate awakening, because there was no meal for a long time;
- if the diet is based on a large amount of food that has extremely fast carbohydrates.
In women carrying a child, blood sugar drops for the following reasons:
- with increasing enzymatic activity;
- if there is a significant acceleration of metabolic processes in the body;
- while improving the performance of the pancreas and thyroid gland.
Often in the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman suffers from toxemia. With strong signs of indisposition, vomiting may occur, and, as a result, loss of moisture. The body of the expectant mother is deficient in nutrients, including a decrease in blood sugar. That is why hypoglycemia occurs.
Blood sugar fell: symptoms and signsA drop in blood sugar is a rather insidious phenomenon, because hypoglycemia can provoke the appearance of coma, stroke, cerebral edema and death.
And up to a certain time, a person who has this condition may feel quite normal.
But this is only up to a certain point. A little later, the subsequent lowering of glucose in the body can lead to lightning-fast and incredibly dangerous transformations in its state.
The most obvious sign of a sharp drop in blood sugar is elevated sweating, which can be traced at low air temperatures. Also, a person can sweat a lot during sleep. It was during this period marked a significant decrease in the level of sugar in the body.
This symptom may indicate wet bedding. In the daytime it is very easy to determine the presence of excessive sweating. To do this, just enough to hold on the skin on the back of the head.
In addition, among other common signs of a drop in blood sugar, the following:
- strong feeling of hunger;
- intolerable weakness;
- darkening of the eyes;
What is the danger of a sharp decrease in the level of glucose for the body?
With this phenomenon, there is a risk of hypoglycemic coma.
What to do with a strong decrease in performance?
If, after measuring the sugar with the help of a glucometer, it is noticeable that its indicator has dropped to 0.6, then it is necessary to consume easily digestible carbohydrates.
This should be done even in the absence of pronounced signs of hypoglycemia. We must not forget that lowering blood glucose without any symptoms is even more dangerous than with them.
In order to slightly increase the sugar content in the blood, it is necessary to take the following types of drugs: calcium channel blockers, oral contraceptives and medications that include pancreatic hormones, hypnotics, antibacterial tablets.
But it is important to note that this is a small list of drugs that help improve the condition of the body while reducing blood sugar.
Treatment of folk remedies
Comprehensive treatment must necessarily include prescriptions of alternative medicine. But, of course, they are not able to cure a hypoglycemic coma.
They are used only to stop attacks. Traditional methods are remarkable in that they are used to prevent hypoglycemia of any type.
This condition can be eliminated by using Hypericum, plantain and dogrose.
Eating children and women affects the occurrence of undesirable symptoms of hypoglycemia. In order to avoid this, it is necessary to adhere to the carbohydrate diet.
Be sure to eat sweets that are intended for diabetics.
In the diet should include juices. Allowed to drink milk, eat honey. Diet should diversify cereals and vegetables.
Symptoms of a sharp drop in blood sugar in the video:
For all people, hypoglycemia is a great danger. Even a slight deviation of sugar from the norm in the blood must be treated in order to avoid complications in the future. If you run this state, then you may encounter the appearance of convulsions that interfere with a normal life.