How are diabetes and potency in men?
- The biggest cause of impotence in diabetes - A pathological condition of the vessels of the penis. Violation of the overall hormonal balance affects the secretion of testosterone, the lack of which is one of the causes of impotence. Insufficient nutrition of the brain with glucose decreases libido (sexual attraction). The blood filling of the corpora cavernosa due to damage to the capillary network is disrupted and, even with continued libido, erectile function decreases.
- The second main reason oppression of diabetic sex life is that the decrease in the concentration of glucose in the blood has an inhibitory effect on the clusters of spinal cord nerve cells responsible for sexual function. As a result, both erection and ejaculation processes are weakened.
Prevention and treatment of potency in diabetes mellitus
- Normalize blood glucose levels. If the disease proceeds according to type 1, then it is necessary to inject insulin regularly by injection. In type 2 diabetes, timely medication will be required to lower blood glucose.
- Refusal from animal fats and frequent consumption of food in small portions. This will help in the fight against overweight. But carbohydrates before having sex will help restore the upcoming energy costs.
- It is advisable to establish daily physical training or sports.
- Stop smoking.
- Constantly monitor blood pressure and, preferably, the level of testosterone.
- In the presence of depression, stressful conditions and psychological problems, it is necessary to eliminate them with the help of psychotherapy (psychotherapist).
- Cholesterol plaques of the penis vessels are removed with drugs of a static nature (Lovacor, Liprimar, and their analogues).
- In cases of reduced sensitivity of the genital organs, treatment with thioctic acid and B vitamins is prescribed by drip or intramuscular injections.
Disease prevention is enhanced by eating foods rich in trace elements and proteins:
- spring onions;
- garlic eliminating hyperglycemia;
- cabbage, which weakens the absorption of carbohydrates in the intestines;
- cholesterol normalizing eggplants;
- cranberries, due to the composition of which the metabolism of the male body is normalized;
- industrial high-protein mushrooms;
- tomato, cucumber, dill, celery, spinach, parsley;
- cottage cheese, fish and lean meat.
Diabetes and Viagra
To date, there are several active substances, which served as the basis for the release of drugs for men of different dosages, composition. These drugs are combined into a group of drugs IFDE-5 and are divided into 3 classes:
Due to the additional load on the work of the heart and blood vessels when taking such drugs increases the risk of exacerbation of cardiovascular insufficiency or other problems with this functional system. For some diabetics, this can serve as a sentence. Therefore, only the doctor will determine the dosage and feasibility of taking Viagra.