Siofor tablets are often used in modern medicine for type 2 diabetes.
In combination with Siofor, it is recommended to take Losartan and Thioctacid. Losartan helps protect the kidneys if proteinuria is present. Additionally, Losartan reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack. Thioctacid in diabetes mellitus type 2 regulates lipid and carbohydrate metabolism, in addition, Thioctacid has an antioxidant effect.
To date, the world practice used the following groups of drugs for type 2 diabetes:
- Drugs that are derivatives of sulfonylurea. Their main advantage lies in the easy tolerance of the drug by the majority of patients. This is the first medical drug that began to be actively used in the treatment of diabetes.
- Medical tools from the biguanide group. Their effects are aimed at reducing the need for insulin secretion.
- Drugs that are derivatives of thiazolidinol, help reduce blood sugar levels and have a positive effect on the normalization of the lipid profile.
In addition, currently developed therapeutic courses of treatment, aimed at the use of two or more drugs for diabetics.
The use of any of the medical devices should be carried out under the close supervision of a medical professional, self-treatment, in this case, is strictly prohibited.
Basic pharmacological properties
One of the most popular medicines of the biguanide group is Siofor (photo), which is available in tablet form. The dosage of the active substance can vary and is available on the market as:
- Siofor 500 contains 500 milligrams of the active ingredient (if necessary, reduce the dose to 250 mg, you can use half a tablet);
- siofor 850;
- siofor 100
The main active ingredient of the medicinal substance is metro formin hydrochloride, silicon dioxide, povidone, magnesium stearate, macrogol are used as auxiliary components.
Diophore in diabetes is used to lower blood sugar levels. At the same time, the decrease in indicators occurs not only after the main meal, but also allows to reduce the basic level.
The main active component in Siofor allows you to regulate insulin production by the pancreas, which has a positive effect on the body and does not provoke the development of hypoglycemia. In addition, the number of positive effects include:
- neutralization of hyperinsulinomy;
- promotes weight loss;
- reduces the risk of developing diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- positive effect on lipid metabolism in the body;
- reduces elevated levels of bad cholesterol;
- reduces triglyceride levels.
The second paragraph states that the drug contributes to the normalization of body weight. It is believed that it suppresses the feeling of hunger and, thus, allows you to lose weight and become more slender. In fact, Siofor in the development of diabetes in some cases helps to lose weight, but only diet and an active lifestyle should be the main directions for the patient.
The medicine tool Siofor - indications for use - reducing the level of glucose in the body in case of type 2 diabetes and the absence of insulin therapy in the treatment. The action of Siofor is also well manifested in the absence of the effect of diet therapy. With the development of the second type of diabetes in the body, Siofor is one of the most effective medications.
The active ingredient that is included in the Siophore composition, manifests itself in slowing down the absorption of glucose in the small intestine, neutralizes its production by the liver cells.
Instructions for use of the drug
The use of Siofor from diabetes mellitus is prescribed by the attending physician. It should be noted that this drug is released from the pharmacy only if there is a prescription for a medical prescription.
Siophor is prescribed for diabetes in dosages that come from the general clinical picture of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient. The main indicator that you should pay attention to when choosing a dose is the level of glucose in the blood.
Instructions for use of the drug states that the tablets are intended for oral administration with a large amount of water. In this dosage may be the following:
- For tablets with 500 mg of the active substance - one pill is initially administered once a day. Gradually, the number of tablets can be increased to three or more (but not more than six pills per day). It should be borne in mind that a single dosage can not exceed 500 mg of the active ingredient, that is, one tablet. The period of admission should be appointed only by a medical specialist. In addition, it is forbidden to independently increase the dosage without the permission of the doctor.
- For tablets with 850 mg of the active ingredient, the drug begins with a single tablet and, if necessary, gradually increases. The maximum daily dose is three pills.
- Siofor 100 begin to take one tablet with a gradual increase. A doctor-scientist can increase the dose of the drug, but only within three tablets per day. This dosage is considered the maximum possible. In extreme cases, Siofor 100 is combined with insulin.
If, under certain circumstances, the medication was missed, there is no need to compensate for it by increasing the next dose.
When taking the drug should take into account the normal course of metabolic processes and good health, as there is an increased risk of developing lactic acidosis.
The use of Siofor 100 in the development of polycystic ovaries is possible only after consulting with your doctor.
What are the contraindications for use?
Although SIOPHOR 100 has a positive effect on the patient’s health and helps regulate blood glucose levels, there are a number of contraindications for its use.
Medical practice identifies the following factors for which it is forbidden to take this drug:
- type 1 diabetes;
- if the body stops producing insulin on its own, and the person becomes dependent on the need to inject this hormone;
- the development of an ailment, such as ketoacidosis, diabetic, a coma, or an anterior committee of a diabetic type;
- serious pathology of the liver or kidneys;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, heart failure, or myocardial infarction;
- pathological processes occurring in the lungs, the occurrence of difficulty in breathing;
- manifestation of infectious diseases;
- recent surgeries and injuries;
- lactic acidosis;
- intolerance or hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
- if there is dehydration;
In addition, you should not use the tool on the eve of the diagnostic studies (radiography or radioisotropic diagnostics) using a contrast agent containing iodine. Stop using the drug two days before the procedure and within the next two days.
Pregnant girls can not take the drug in order not to harm the normal development and life of the fetus. In addition, the medicine is banned during breastfeeding of the baby. It is believed that a child under 14 should not use this medicine.
Children and healthy people who do not suffer from diabetes cannot take this drug even in minimal doses or for prophylaxis (for example, for the purpose of losing weight).
It is worth noting that serious violations can occur if you combine the drug with a low-calorie diet (less than 1 thousand kilocalories per day).
Side effects and possible negative effects
The drug Siofor, and reviews of doctors and patients indicate this, is among the highly effective drugs used in the treatment of diabetes.
It should be noted that the reception of this tool and the selection of the dosage should be carried out very carefully. There is a huge list of contraindications to its use, despite the fact that the drug has a good result.
In addition, if the dosage is not properly selected or the doctor’s recommendations are not followed, the following side effects may develop:
- problems with the digestive tract, which may be accompanied by flatulence, abdominal pain or diarrhea;
- nausea and vomiting;
- lack of certain groups of vitamins;
- the manifestation of allergic reactions to one or more components of the drug;
- the development of lactic acidosis;
- megaloblastic anemia.
One of the most common adverse effects of the drug is lactic acidosis. This condition is accompanied by symptoms such as increased sleepiness, muscle soreness, a decrease in body temperature and blood pressure, difficulty in breathing.
As a rule, the use of the drug occurs more than one year. Therefore, before taking it, as well as every six months (for example, winter-summer) to undergo research on the normal functioning of the liver and kidneys.
As a preventive measure, the use of tablets Losartan and Thioctacid is allowed. The question of prophylactic administration of drugs Losartan and Thioctacid should be decided solely by the attending physician.
Compatibility with other drugs
One of the most serious negative consequences may be the “compatibility” of Siophore tablets with alcoholic beverages. The use of these two components can lead to the development of lactic acidosis.
The interaction of the drug with other drugs consists in the following points:
- The drug may lead to a decrease in the effects of indirect anticoagulants.
- If you take the drug with oral contraceptives, epinephrine, glucagon or hormonal drugs for the thyroid, there may be a decrease in hypoglycemic effects.
In addition, the enhancement of the hypoglycemic effect of the drug can be achieved if it is combined with insulin, sulfonylurea derivatives, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or clofibrate derivatives.
Are there any analogues of the medical device?
To date, there are many analogues of this drug. How much is Siofor? Siofor price in pharmacies has from about 250 to 350 rubles per pack, depending on the manufacturer of the tablets can stand differently.
In addition to Siofor, the price in pharmacies may be higher or lower, which may depend on the region of the country. There are counterparts that have a lower or higher cost.
The main drugs-analogues with the active component Metformin, which are represented on the market:
- Glucophage is a tableted drug with hypoglycemic properties. Available in dosages of 500, 850 and 1000 mg of the active ingredient. The average price is up to 200 rubles.
- Bagomet is a drug that contains two active substances - metformin and glibenclamide. This combination is used to treat type 2 insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. The average price of the drug is 210 rubles.
- Siofor analogue m Nova met.
When choosing the optimal drug, only a doctor can know what is best for the patient and can find the necessary analogues. Today there are plenty to choose from, as modern pharmacology offers the widest choice of medications. The video in this article will offer a choice of several drugs for diabetics.