Increased pressure entails many negative consequences. The condition leads to constant fatigue, deterioration of health, a large load on the heart muscle and a high risk of heart attack. The antihypertensive drug Lozap will help to cope with the pathology.
ATH code - C09CA01.
The drug is produced in the form of biconvex tablets.
Forms of release and composition
The drug is produced in the form of biconvex tablets. The package contains 30, 60 or 90 capsules.
Potassium losartan (100 mg) is used as an active ingredient. Substances of auxiliary purpose are:
- dye yellow;
- croscarmellose sodium;
Mechanism of action
The tool is aimed at lowering the pressure. The pharmacological action is associated with the effect on angiotensin 2, as a result of which it cannot bind to the AT1 receptor. This results in a reduction in the following effects of AT2:
- left ventricular hypertrophy;
- release of catecholamines, vasopressin, aldosterone and renin;
The tool is aimed at lowering the pressure.
The active substance reduces not only the concentration of adrenaline in the blood, but also the level of aldosterone. The peak of therapeutic effect occurs after 6 hours. If the drug is used on an ongoing basis, then the greatest therapeutic effect is achieved in 3-6 weeks.
Absorption occurs quickly from the digestive tract. The maximum concentration of the active component in the blood plasma appears an hour after admission, and the metabolite - after 3 hours.
Bioavailability is 33%. Most of the medication is excreted through the intestines, but about 35% of the drug is excreted in the urine.
What is it needed for
The medicine is used to achieve the following goals:
- elimination of diabetic nephropathy type, occurring during the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus with high blood pressure;
- reduce the likelihood of cardiovascular disease;
- eliminate chronic heart failure;
- treatment of essential hypertension.
The drug is prohibited for use in the presence of hypersensitivity to the components. Use with caution in the following cases:
- during renal artery stenosis;
- in case of electrolyte imbalance;
- when lowering the BCC.
How to use
Reception of a medicine does not depend on time of the use of food. The tool is used 1 time per day. Patients suffering from hypertension, prescribed medication in the amount of 50 mg. If a stronger effect is required, the dose is increased to 100 mg.
The exact amount of the drug prescribed by the doctor, so you need to consult.
The exact amount of the drug prescribed by the doctor, so you need to consult. The drug is used only if indicated. To conduct therapy alone is not recommended.
Treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes begins with 50 mg. The dose is taken 1 time per day. According to the testimony of the doctor, the amount of medication can be increased to 100 mg per day, dividing the drug into 1-2 doses.
Frequently reported adverse events are:
- feeling of fullness in the stomach (dyspepsia);
Less common manifestations:
- problems with the liver;
- increased activity of liver enzymes;
- dry mouth;
- weight loss;
The following symptoms of adverse reactions are formed:
- decrease in the number of eosinophils;
- damage to small vessels (hemorrhagic vasculitis).
Side effects can be anemia.
central nervous system
The patient has signs:
- fast fatiguability;
- peripheral nerve neuropathy;
- paresthesias - spontaneously appearing sensations characterized by tingling or burning sensations;
- memory impairment;
- sleep disturbance;
- loss of coordination.
Side effects can affect the senses, which will cause the following symptoms:
- conjunctival inflammation of the eye;
- blurred vision;
- taste changes;
The defeat of the respiratory system is characterized by the following manifestations:
- the occurrence of pharyngitis;
- nasal congestion;
- lesion of the upper pathways of infection.
The defeat of the respiratory system is characterized by the appearance of cough.
The response of the urinary system to adverse symptoms is represented by the following signs:
- frequent urination;
- decreased libido;
- renal dysfunction;
- infection of the urinary tract;
The immune system
The following symptoms occur:
- vascular inflammation (vasculitis).
Adverse events lead to angioedema affecting the face.
Side effects lead to the following signs of an allergic reaction:
- angioedema, affecting the lips, throat, tongue, larynx, face, and airways;
- skin rashes;
If before starting treatment the patient took diuretics in large dosages, then the amount of Lozapa should be reduced to 25 mg.
Compatibility with alcohol
The consumption of alcoholic beverages during the period of therapy will lead to the occurrence of adverse reactions and deterioration of the patient's well-being, because The drug has poor alcohol compatibility.
Drinking alcohol during the period of therapy will lead to a deterioration in the patient's well-being.
Use in violation of kidney function
If there are problems with the kidneys, there is no need to adjust the dosage. However, such patients should be under the supervision of a physician to monitor renal clearance and potassium concentration in the blood.
Use in violation of the liver
People suffering from liver failure need to take medication in low doses.
The use of Lozapa in the chronic form of heart failure is carried out once a day. The initial dosage is 12.5 mg. The amount of funds is gradually increased to the required level.
The use of Lozapa in the chronic form of heart failure is carried out once a day.
Influence on ability to operate mechanisms
The appearance of side effects leads to a decrease in the activity of psychomotor functions, as a result of which the patient's concentration of attention deteriorates and the reaction rate slows down. It should be at the time of treatment to refrain from driving.
During pregnancy and lactation
When breastfeeding you need to transfer the child to an artificial diet or pick up another tool that can be used during lactation.
When breastfeeding you need to transfer the child to artificial nutrition.
The use of the drug can cause fetal defects or death. During pregnancy, the drug is not prescribed.
Appointment Lozapa children
The drug is not prescribed to patients under 18 years of age due to the lack of information about the safety of taking the medication in childhood.
Use in old age
Patients older than 75 years should be selected low doses.
Medication in large quantities leads to a change in heart rate or to the appearance of severe hypotension.
To eliminate the manifestations, you must go to the hospital.
Interaction with other drugs
Drug interaction Lozapa has the following features:
- the concentration of the metabolite of the active component in the blood is reduced due to the use of fluconazole or rifampicin;
- hypotensive property is reduced when using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- increases the likelihood of the formation of hyperkalemia when using drugs with potassium and diuretic preparations of potassium-sparing character;
- the effect of diuretics, adrenergic blockers is enhanced.
The interaction with other drugs increases the effect of diuretics, blockers.
No dangerous interaction was found when using these tools:
If necessary, you can replace the tool analogues. These medications include:
- Lorista - a drug with antihypertensive effects.
- Enap - medication with enalapril. Contributes to lower pressure.
- Indapamide is a medicine in which the active substance is indapamide hemihydrate. Refers to antihypertensive and diuretic drugs.
- Mikardis - a tool aimed at suppressing angiotensin 2 receptors, which leads to the expansion of blood vessels and the normalization of pressure.
- Telmisartan - a drug with the same active element. The drug is used during the treatment of hypertension.
- Candesartan is a Russian and Swiss drug.
- Lozap Plus - means with losartan. Additionally, hydrochlorothiazide is contained - a substance with a diuretic effect.
Pharmacy vacation terms
Need a prescription for the purchase of medicines.
Can I buy without a prescription
No prescription is not released.
The cost of the drug depends on the number of tablets in the package and the pharmacy in which Lozap is sold. The average price of the drug is 320 rubles.
Storage conditions drug Lozap
Storage temperature should not exceed + 30 ° C. It is necessary to protect the drug from direct sunlight.
Storage time is 2 years.
Reviews of Lozape
Reviews of the drug should be considered patients who are planning to receive it.
Viktor Konstantinovich, cardiologist
The medicine is an analogue of Cozaar. The drug is effective when used properly and adequately administered therapy.
Victoria Gennadievna, cardiologist
The therapeutic effect of Lozapa is characterized by a weak effect. In the process of treatment, it is difficult to achieve the required pressure indicators, which is associated with difficulties in choosing the dosage: a small amount of the drug does not lead to the desired result, and large volumes can cause side symptoms.
Elena, 54 years old, Saransk
With the help of Lozap I have been treating for more than 4 years. Simultaneously applying Concor, because This scheme was prescribed by the doctor. At the beginning of the medication, everything was fine. After a few months, symptoms began to appear: back pain, dizziness, and ringing in the ears. During the examination, nothing was found, and the listed signs continue to increase. Now I am looking for a suitable replacement drug.
Irina, 45, Pskov
To stabilize the pressure prescribed reception Lozapa. I did not notice a positive effect. The tool did not harm, but there was no use. Pressure remained at the same level, and left ventricular hypertrophy did not decrease.