Nutrition in diabetes so that sugar does not rise means table No. 9, which is recommended in combination with physical activity, medication and other methods of conservative therapy.
Diet number 9 in diabetes helps to improve the functionality of the pancreas, provides normalization of metabolic processes, which together leads to the stabilization of glucose indicators at the required level.
There are several types of therapeutic diets. The choice of one or another type depends on the severity of the disease, the initial indicators of blood sugar, insulin use, etc. nuances.
So, consider what is table 9 for type 2 diabetes, what can you eat and what is forbidden? Also find out how Pevzner's diet number 8 helps and its basic rules and principles?
9 diet: varieties
In patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus, patients experience relative or absolute insufficiency of insulin in the body, as a result of which the only method of therapy that allows one to live a normal life is the administration of insulin.
Type 2 diabetes is characterized by a sufficient amount of insulin in the body, however, due to the course of the disease, the digestibility of glucose is impaired due to a decrease in the sensitivity of soft tissues to it.
Diet for diabetes helps strengthen the pancreas, activates the work of beta cells. The treatment table helps to reduce and stabilize blood sugar at the target level, preventing blood glucose jumps.
The main table 9 for diabetics is recommended for a short period of time to determine the susceptibility to carbohydrates, as well as to adequately select drugs when diet does not give the desired therapeutic result.
On the background of diet 9, glucose is studied once every 3-4 days on an empty stomach. When lowering the values that are kept at a reduced level for 2-3 weeks, the diet expands, as a result of which it is permissible to add 1 XE in 7 days.
What is a bread unit? One XE implies a content of 12-15 carbohydrates. This is about 25-30 grams of whole-grain bread, half a cup of buckwheat, one apple, two pieces of dried plums.
Diet for diabetics following varieties:
- Diet 9A in type 2 diabetes mellitus is prescribed for a mild or moderate degree of chronic pathology, which is not dependent on insulin doses, but is associated with the presence of excess weight in the patient.
- Table 9B is recommended for patients with severe insulin-dependent disease. Unlike other types of food, patients can eat an increased amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
If insulin therapy is carried out in the morning and evening, then about 70% of carbohydrates should fall on these meals. After the injection, it is necessary to eat two times - after 20 minutes, and also after 2-3 hours, when the maximum concentration of the hormone in the blood is observed.
Table number 9 is recommended to establish tolerance to carbohydrates in order to select the dosage of drugs and compensate for diabetes.
Diabetes: Diet 9
The ninth table appears to be a popular diabetic food, recommended for patients with mild and moderate severity of endocrine disease against the background of a moderate increase in body weight.
It is noted that the diet presented by the ninth table is fully rational and balanced. Following the recommendations, the patient consumes about 330 grams of carbohydrates, about 95 grams of proteins and 80 grams of fat per day (of which at least 30% must be of plant origin).
The principle of dietary nutrition is the reduction of calorie intake of food, the reduction of fat and fast-absorbing carbohydrates. It is strictly forbidden to eat sugar and sweet foods.
Sugar / sweets are replaced by a sugar substitute - xylitol, sorbitol, etc. Patients should maximally enrich the diet with natural fiber, vitamins and minerals.
It is necessary to exclude food with a high glycemic index, the menu includes products that characterize low GI.
For type 2 diabetics, there are certain recommendations:
- You need to eat often and gradually, a portion - not more than 250 grams. It is recommended to eat every 3 hours.
- Exclude all fatty, spicy, fried, canned and pickled food, hot spices, alcoholic and carbonated drinks.
- The concentration of protein components in the diet menu remains at the same level acceptable for a healthy person.
- It is mandatory to reduce the content of consumed carbohydrates and fatty substances.
- Cooking recipes are limited to boiling, stewing and baking.
Table 9 in diabetes mellitus implies a balanced diet that nourishes the body with vitamins and mineral components. Therefore, special attention is paid to the vitamin broth hips, seasonal fruits and vegetables, greens.
To normalize the functionality of the liver, you should include in the menu oatmeal, low-fat cottage cheese and hard cheese.
They are replete with lipid components that promote the burning of fat deposits.
Permitted and Denied Products
Table 9 in type 2 diabetes involves the inclusion of only authorized foods in the diet. A complete table of provisions is on the Internet, and you can download and print it for ease of use.
What is permissible and what should not be eaten, patients are interested in? It is recommended to exclude from the menu pastries, sweets, fatty cheese curds, semolina, risk, pasta. You can not cook soups with these products.
It should abandon the sweet concentrated juice, home / shop jam and jam with the addition of granulated sugar. Exceptions include homemade sweets based on xylitol or another sugar substitute.
Partially limited products: natural honey, chicken yolks regardless of the method of preparation, liver.
The diet regime allows the use of the following products in diabetes type 1 and 2:
- Whole grain baked goods.
- Sausage with a low concentration of fatty substances.
- Fish products low-fat varieties.
- Meat. Prefer beef, pork, turkey breast, rabbit.
- Vegetables in boiled and fresh form - cabbage, zucchini, tomatoes, legumes, green peas, lentils. Potatoes are allowed in limited quantities.
- Fruits / berries - dogrose, cranberries, raspberries, cherries, oranges, gooseberries, lemons and limes, peaches.
- Dairy and dairy products with minimal fat.
- Low-fat sour cream, homemade yogurt without sugar, olive oil.
If a patient with diabetes of the first or second type uses xylitol, then the recommended daily dosage does not exceed 30 grams. Fructose is allowed one teaspoon three times a day (added to drinks). Natural honey - no more than a teaspoon per day.
It is permissible to use confectionery products containing sugar substitute. But in this case there is a restriction - one or two sweets no more than 2 times a week.
Diet number 9 in diabetes: examples of the menu
If the patient has diabetes, table 9 is recommended by the attending physician. As a rule, for an adult and a child, the diet is made on an individual basis, depending on the severity of the disease, associated illnesses, and the state of the gastrointestinal tract.
Despite certain limitations, with the right approach, you can eat not only correctly and balanced, but also diverse.
What can you eat for breakfast? There are many options for dishes: low-fat curd mass with the addition of permitted berries, the optimal portion of 200 grams; buckwheat porridge, boiled in water; protein omelette; Porridge with bran and fresh pear.
Dinner options on the background diet number nine:
- Soup with a teaspoon of sour cream, boiled meat (pork or turkey), braised cabbage with the addition of sweet pepper. For dessert, fruit jelly without sugar and sweetener.
- Soup based on vegetable broth, boiled rabbit, vinaigrette, seasoned with a small amount of olive oil, unsweetened compote or cranberry juice.
- Borsch with sour cream, potato casserole, vegetable stew from a mixture of different vegetables, tomato juice or sour apple.
At dinner, the diet allows many foods. For example, fish, steamed or stewed in water, fresh tomato salad, a slice of whole-grain bread, black currant juice, sweetened with sugar substitute.
Either cottage cheese casserole, poured with sour cream or homemade jam, milk buckwheat porridge, tea (black or green); boiled hake, as a garnish, green string beans with tomato sauce, dogrose broth with a natural sugar substitute - stevia.
As a snack, it is permissible to use: fresh apples; fruit salad, seasoned with unsweetened yogurt; low-fat and unsalted cheese and tea; grapefruit; orange, etc.
Diet number 8 Pevzner
Type 2 diabetes leads to impaired metabolic processes in the body, resulting in the patient gaining weight. Weight gain along with chronic sugar is a double blow to the body, since the probability of complications increases significantly and the underlying disease progresses.
Diet number eight suggests a diet that promotes smooth weight loss without harm to health.
They recommend dieting with a “sweet” disease, however, if the patient has a history of pathology of the gastrointestinal tract and circulatory system, certain adjustments are required by the doctor.
The purpose of nutrition - the normalization and stabilization of metabolic processes. Primarily, lipid metabolism is implied. When this violation is leveled, the patient’s blood pressure levels out, the concentration of cholesterol and sugar decreases.
Example of the menu for one day:
- For breakfast they eat bacon from fruits or vegetables, a small sandwich with unsalted cheese, cottage cheese with berries. Coffee without added sugar.
- As a lunch - unsweetened fruit, a handful of permitted berries.
- Dine vegetable soup, meat or fish with vegetables. Drink - decoction based on herbs or milk.
- Dinner. Salad with tomatoes and cabbage, shrimps with steamed vegetables.
Salt in the cooking process is not added, salt already prepared food. The rate per day does not exceed two grams. The amount of proteins varies from 10 to 110 grams per day, vegetable fats - not more than 80 grams, and complex carbohydrates up to 150 grams.
Diet number 8 requires compliance with the drinking regime, the patient is recommended to drink from 1 to 1.2 liters of pure water per day.
Diet implies a decrease in blood glucose, so the basis of the diet consists of products, after the use of which, glycemia does not increase. It is necessary to adhere to the multiplicity of food intake and volume of servings, since overeating of approved products levels the therapeutic effect of the used diet and insulin therapy (if it is used).
On the Internet are a variety of recipes that will appeal to adults and children, will allow to eat properly and tasty.
Dietary soup: bring water to a boil, send diced potatoes to it, five minutes later add finely shredded cabbage and green bean pods. Top onions with vegetable oil, season the soup. The finished dish is sprinkled with parsley.
Pumpkin cottage cheese casserole is a nourishing and healthy dish that is popular even among children. Cooking process:
- One small pumpkin is cut into cubes, low-fat cottage cheese is added, butter, sugar substitute, egg and dough baking powder, a little semolina.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter, put the mixture.
- Bake 50 minutes.
During therapy and the use of diet No. 9, there is an effective decrease in glucose, its stabilization at an acceptable level. Improves the work of the pancreas and increases vitality, which facilitates the patient's condition.
About diet table 9 is described in the video in this article.