In medical practice, reactive pancreatitis is a pathology (inflammation) of the pancreas, provoked by other diseases.
The World Health Organization, in order to avoid confusion in the identification of diseases, introduced a single international classification of diseases - ICD-10 (tenth revision), consisting of 21 sections.
The ICD code 10 - K86 is assigned to reactive pancreatitis.
This disease is manifested against the background of duct dysfunction, by which the produced enzymes enter the stomach.
Inflammation begins with the complete or partial overlapping of these means of communication, or due to the discharge of the contents of the intestines.
If we are talking about the causes of reactive pancreatitis, then it is necessary to name the pathologies that most often become the causes of its occurrence.
- viral hepatitis;
- calculous cholecystitis;
- acute gastritis chronic type;
- various intestinal infections;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- biliary dyskinesia.
In addition, there are a number of negative circumstances that do not relate to diseases, but can in the most decisive manner provoke this ailment, such as:
- abdominal trauma;
- excessive drinking;
- fatty, fried, spicy foods;
- taking certain medications;
- effects of poisoning the body with industrial and domestic poisons, fungi, heavy metals, radioactive contamination.
Video from the expert:
Symptoms and manifestations of the disease
At the initial stage, the symptoms of reactive pancreatitis in adults manifest themselves sluggishly.
Often the patient himself and his relatives do not pay special attention to the signs:
- abdominal pain and heaviness;
- heartburn and belching;
Most often, they resort to symptomatic treatment using traditional methods.
Appeal to the doctor should be only when the patient because of the ensuing extensive intoxication of the body temperature rises, vomiting, comes chills.
Although the appearance of other signs should be alarming:
- sharp cutting pain in hypochondrium;
- dry mouth;
- painful attacks of hiccups.
It is worth recalling that at the beginning of the article it was a question of provocative diseases that caused the disease.
So, they impose or add their own characteristic touches to the general background of pancreatitis:
- gallstone disease is given by pain in the right hypochondrium;
- intestinal infections with fever and diarrhea;
- cirrhosis is manifested by swelling and enlargement of the liver.
As the disease progresses, more severe symptoms appear: temperature fever, shortness of breath, shortness of breath, and sticky sweat.
Note! One of the bright signs of reactive pancreatitis is an instantaneous reaction of the body in the form of nausea at the sight of fatty foods. So he uses his psychological defense mechanisms.
Signs of reactive changes in the pancreas in a child
Before talking about the signs, it does not stop to dwell on the causes of the "explosive" reaction in the children's pancreas.
Learn an example? Nature, summer cottage, river bank, pork neck shashlik, grilled sausages, chicken wings, steaks - all are good for the child. Moreover, without fail, with ketchup or mayonnaise - the child loves something. Then for a heart-to-heart talk - a beer to parents, and a dyed drink with chips, fried peanuts, salted crackers, dried fish sticks - to a child. For dessert, Pirozhenka. And at night and or even in the evening, parents panic dial "03".
Unconvincing example? Then you can still remember the fried chicken for Grandma's birthday or shawarma from a booth on the street, eaten right there, with the help of dirty children's hands.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of examples of negligent and often criminal carelessness of parents.
Video from Dr. Komarovsky about digestive problems in children:
Now about the signs themselves. Reactive pancreatitis in children has characteristic symptoms that parents simply must know.
The brightest of them are:
- bouts of vomiting, not giving relief to the child;
- painful yellow color of the skin;
- dark colored urine;
- feces unnaturally light color;
- high fever, chills, fever.
Inexperienced mothers rely on someone’s experience and their own know-how in helping a child. At the same time, pancreatitis begins to uncontrollably suppress a horse dose of antibiotics.
As a result of this violence, the inferior pancreas of the child responds with vomiting, temperature, and dysbacteriosis causes uncontrolled diarrhea, dehydrating the body, which further aggravates the condition of the baby.
Diagnosis of the disease
To diagnose a disease, you need not only an experienced doctor, who is an endocrinologist, but also an extensive toolkit that modern medicine has.
Forms and methods of diagnosis will include themselves:
- Collecting history. This method, which involves polling the patient and those around him, allows you to get information about the patient's lifestyle, diet, rest, susceptibility to allergies, the presence of hereditary diseases, which will further help to make the final diagnosis.
- Blood test. An important stage of diagnosis, for clinical and biological study of the composition of the blood allows you to identify elevated levels of leukocytes, amylase and lipase, indicating the presence of inflammatory processes in the body.
- CT scan. In comparison with the X-ray examination method, CT gives a more informative picture, which is hundreds of times higher than its old fellow.
- Ultrasound procedure - Ultrasound. It is sometimes possible to identify kidney stones only when using this method of examination.
- ERCP. Without dwelling on deciphering, we note that this is a specialized X-ray method that allows to determine the pathology of the gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas, liver, including such a disease as pancreatitis.
- Fibroesophagogastroduodenoscopy. The complex name of the method can be understood by indicating that the examination is carried out using an endoscope - such a video probe. It is he who makes it possible to draw a conclusion on the need for a biopsy — the collection of tissue samples from the affected site for further study.
- Analysis of urine. This is the most common study. Based on the analysis, conclusions are made about the functioning of the urinary system of the body, the presence of diseases and the functioning of other human organs.
Choosing a specific treatment strategy and tools for influencing the disease, the doctor pursues well-defined goals:
- Removal of inflammation and relief of pancreatic edema.
- The elimination of toxins from the human body.
- Restoring the balance of secretion of pancreatic juices.
If pancreatitis proceeds according to a simple scheme and is not complicated by additional diseases that worsen the overall picture, then doctors usually prescribe medications from the following groups:
- Enzymes improving the digestive process: Creon, Mezim, Panzinorm.
- Carminative drugs (reducing the formation of gas in the stomach and intestines): Empumizan, Gascon Drop, Meteospasmil, Relzer, Antiflat Lannaher.
- Antispasmodics: No-Shpa, Platyfilin.
- Antibiotics: Tablets - Azithromycin, Abaktal, Amoxiclav, Sumamed. Intramuscular drugs - Cefotaxime, Ampioks, Doxycycline, Ceftriaxone.
- Painkillers: Diclofenac, Ibuprofen.
Nutrition for the sick
There will be no big secret and the phrase will not be shocked if you read that a diet with pancreatitis is not only nutrition, but also the continuation of treatment, which should be treated very responsibly.
However, approaches to the organization of diet in acute pancreatitis have a number of features.
These include the following:
- Do not take breaks in the diet. Regularity is a principle that must be strictly followed. During the day you need 5-6 meals (3 main + 2-3 additional).
- Portions should be low-calorie and small.
- The principal condition is temperature. Food should be warm. Neither cold nor high temperature should be felt - it should be 40-50 degrees.
- The structure of food - it should not contain coarse fiber and fibers that require additional efforts from the gastrointestinal tract to digest. It is desirable that the food is steamed and cleaned.
- Chemical composition should be gentle. To do this, you need to monitor the consumption of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- To exclude easily digestible carbohydrates: sugar, honey, jam, jams.
Recommended foods and dishes:
- Low-fat fish and meat (domestic chicken, young beef, veal).
- Vegetable broths and soups with the addition of cereals and pasta.
- Biscuits, crackers, dried white bread.
- Low-fat dairy products.
- Porridge from cereals: buckwheat, semolina, rice, oatmeal - liquid consistency or, as they say, "talker".
- Daily oil rate: vegetable - up to 15 grams, cream - up to 30 grams. You need to correctly understand this rule, that is, taking into account the preparation of other dishes on them.
- Drinking is a weak tea, wild rose tea, compotes, natural juices (with a low glycemic index in fruits).
- Recommended vegetables: carrots, cauliflower, pumpkin, beets, green peas, but only in boiled or baked form.
It is strictly forbidden for a patient to eat:
- sweet dough and fresh bread;
- sausage and meat fried, smoked and dried;
- sharp and fatty cheeses;
- borscht, soup, cooked in broth from meat, fish, mushrooms;
- fat cream;
- lamb and pork fat;
- sour fruit;
- pickles and marinades;
- various legumes;
- sorrel, spinach, radish, radish, white cabbage;
- sweets, spices, cakes, ice cream;
- alcohol in any form.
Video from Dr. Malysheva:
The use of folk remedies, the utility and effectiveness of which has been tested for centuries, are not disputed even by famous heads from medicine. Skillful and competent use of them significantly accelerates the healing process, because they have antispasmodic effect, as well as biliary, sedative, analgesic, antibacterial properties.
How to cook a decoction: herb collection in the amount of 10 grams (2 tablespoons), placed in a glass dish, pour 200 grams of hot water. Then close the lid and placed for 30 minutes in a water bath. After that, cool for 20 minutes, filter and pour into a container.
Herbal collection bought at the pharmacy or prepared from separately purchased herbs.
Collection number 1:
- Peppermint - 3 parts.
- Dill (seeds) - 3 parts.
- Hawthorn (fruit) - 2 parts.
- Chamomile (color) - 1 part.
Take half a glass 3 times a day one hour after meals.
Collection number 2:
- Knotweed (grass) - 1 part.
- Hypericum - 1 part.
- Corn silk - 2 parts.
- Birch leaves - 2 parts.
Take half a glass after a meal 4 times a day.
Collection number 3:
- Rose hips - 2 parts.
- Horsetail (grass) - 1 part.
- Hypericum - 1 part.
- Nettle - 1 part.
Take before meals, half a cup, 4 times a day.
Collection number 4 - all in one piece:
- Anise fruits.
- Corn silk.
- Dandelion root.
- Grass violets tricolor.
- Highland bird grass.
Take 20 minutes before eating a glass of broth, 3 times a day.
Collection number 5:
- Trifoli leaves - 3 parts.
- Buckthorn bark - 4 parts.
- Grass celandine - 3 parts.
- Dandelion root - 4 parts.
- Peppermint leaves - 3 parts.
Take half a glass 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- Carrot juice - 75 ml.
- Potato juice - 75 ml.
- Olive oil - 1.2 tsp.
All components are prepared and mixed immediately before use.
Doctors, as a rule, with unfettered reactive pancreatitis give a favorable prognosis. With the beginning of the use of complex therapy, the symptoms immediately show a tendency to regress.
Disease prevention consists of identifying and diagnosing signs of the disease at an early stage, as well as eliminating bad habits and maintaining a healthy diet.